Policies and Procedures
Below is a compilation of our current polices. As we continue to grow and expand as a company some policies may change to accommodate a more diverse range of services. Please contact us for the most current in home boarding policies.
Please keep in mind that we do our best to be as flexible as possible to our clients needs and the unexpected changes that life can bring. We are a business first and foremost and these policies are in place primarily for instances of reoccurring late cancellations and late payments. If at any point you are having difficulty adhering to these policies and need to work around them, please email us so we can see if something can be worked out.
Please direct all contact via email to email@example.com to schedule services, to receive answers to any questions, concerns or schedule changes, including cancellations. We can be reached by phone at (339) 674-0798, however we do not receive text messages on this line and text messages are not accepted as a form of cancellation. Voicemail's are checked infrequently as we are often out caring for animals while email is checked regularly and is the preferred method of contact.
To avoid miscommunication, all correspondences must go through our office. We have a multi-tiered scheduling system that requires mainstreaming of all communication to avoid mishaps. Our team members are not responsible to inform of any cancellations or schedule changes. Our staff’s private cell phone and contact information will not be provided; all inquiries must go through the office.
To allow for us to have safe and easy access to your pets, in towns with residential permit parking only or seasonal parking bans we require the access to either a private parking space, driveway or a visitors parking pass. In the event you only have paid parking meters near your residence we ask for coins to be left to feed the meter so that we may avoid getting a parking ticket.
Dog Walking Policies
- Daily dog walking services are performed Monday - Friday between the hours of 11-3pm. For the convenience of our regular clients, we offer two separate time slots that walks may be requested, 11-1pm and 1-3pm.
- Morning, evening and weekend walks may be requested on an occasional basis only and is based on availability.
- Dog walking clients may have a set schedule each week or change their walk schedule weekly with a minimum of 2 walks a week. Clients that receive the same walk schedule each week will get priority in scheduled time slots over clients whose schedules change weekly.
- Weekly walk schedule changes may be sent in no later than Friday at 6pm for that following week. Anything sent in after will be accommodated based on availability. If you change your schedule weekly but will not be requiring walks for the oncoming week or multiple weeks, notification must be given. Failure to give notification will result in you becoming listed as an as needed client and/or result in a cancellation fee.
- For large scale schedule changes, including subtractions of weekly walks, we require 5 business days notice.
Invoicing and Payment
- Invoicing is done on a bi-weekly basis and are emailed to you in a pdf format.
- We accept checks and an online payment form known as Venmo for payment on all invoices.
- Invoices are due upon receipt of them. Failure to make a payment within 21 days results in a $15 fee that will accrue weekly until the invoice is paid in full.
- Services may be suspended in the event payment is not received in a timely manner should the invoice be over $200.
- If paying by check, it can be emailed to our office as our walkers are not held responsible for collection of payments.
- For daily dog walking clients, all cancellations need to be made by 9pm the night before a walk is scheduled to avoid a fee of the full service scheduled.
- Cancellations for weekend walks require 24 hours notice to avoid a charge of the full service scheduled.
- We require 5 business days (M-F) notice if you have a cancellation of 2 or more business days for clients that receive visits weekly. Failure to give proper advance notice will result in a fee that may equal 50% of the walks scheduled for the time cancelled. (IE: You cancel 2 weeks worth of walks with less than 5 business days notice, you will be charged for 50% of the 2 weeks worth of walks. If you receive 2 walks a week and need to cancel both walks we require the same advanced notification)
- If you are relocating or no longer in need of our services, 5 business days notice is required to end services or the same fee may apply. This is to ensure we can properly get the last invoice to you, and fill the time slot your walk was held during, as well as return your keys.
- Large scale schedule changes resulting in the subtraction of walks in a week require 5 business days notice to avoid the same fee.
- We require a copy of all of our dog walking clients keys. They will be securely held onto in-between visits with a key chain that has no identifying marks and only decipherable to the team members of Lucky Lucy's Pets.
- After our initial consultation, in the event we are required to meet with you to obtain a set of keys a $10 key retrieval fee will be charged, as well as any visits requiring us to return the key to you.
- We can not be held responsible for any key left on your premises and not left with our persons.
- When services are terminated, we require 5 business days notice to ensure we have ample notification to return your keys in a timely manner and receive the final balance due on any outstanding invoices. Keys will be mailed at our discretion.
Cat and Pet Sitting Policies
- All pet sitting services are on a first come, first serve basis. It's best to get your requests in early to ensure we have the availability.
- Pet sitting services are held between the hours of 7am - 10pm every day of the year. For pets that receive medication specific timed visits will be accommodated.
- Holidays and holiday weekends, school vacations and weekends of nice weather our pet sitting services book weeks in advance so please plan accordingly. Especially if you are requesting twice a day visits or your pet is on medications.
Invoicing and Payment
- When pet sitting services are booked in advance, you will receive an invoice emailed to you in pdf format of the sits scheduled. If less than 2 days notice is given for the booking of services, an invoice may not be able to be sent prior to the start of the sits however payment is still due at the first sit.
- Payment is due at the start of all pet sitting services, failure to leave payment may result in a $10 late fee.
- We accept cash, check and an online payment known as Venmo for payment on all invoices.
- We require 2 days notice for the cancellation of any sits scheduled that are less than 4 days in duration to avoid a 50% fee of the services scheduled.
- For pet sitting services that are 5 days or over in duration, we require a minimum of one weeks notice for the cancellation of services to avoid a fee of up to 50% of the services scheduled.
- Cancellations for visits scheduled on a major Holiday (Holidays found here) must be made a minimum of 2 weeks prior to the start of the services. Anything less will be charged at the full rate.
- If you will be returning home early from your trip and will not be needing our services, the full service fee will still accrue.
- During the time of our initial consultation, should you decide to hire us for your pet sitting needs it's recommended you have a spare copy of your keys made (and tested!) so that we may receive it at the time of our consultation. We can not be held responsible if you decide to leave a spare copy on your premises for us to retrieve at/during each visit.
- A key retrieval/drop off fee of $10 will accrue in the event we must meet up with you to obtain a copy of your key, or drop the key off to you after services have ended.
- We strongly encourage our pet sitting clients to provide us with a copy of your key that we may hold onto in our secure lock box location at our headquarters for all future visits. This makes for a smooth and easy transition for booking all future services.
- If you are moving, or no longer in need of our services, advanced notice of wishing to have your key returned is advised so that we may get them to you in a timely manner.
- In the event you will be having someone else entering your home at the time services are being provided by Lucky Lucy's Pets, this includes relatives, roommates, friends or cleaners, we must be made aware of their potential presence. In the event we are not made aware, for the safety of our team members we will not enter your home.
- We reserve the right to refuse services if we were not made aware of the presence of additional visitors in your home. You will still be responsible for the cost of the services booked.
- Due to liability issues we do not share care taking responsibilities with other individuals, including other pet care providers, roommates, or family members.